At Hughes Arrell Kinchen LLP, we help employers navigate the ever changing landscape of local, state and federal laws and regulations that govern the employment relationship. We partner with management, in-house counsel, and human resource professionals to respond to their day to day needs and give timely counsel on issues that arise in the workplace. Whether it is a question about hiring a new employee, workforce management, or an issue surrounding the decision to terminate an established employment relationship, we can provide senior level, board certified attorneys to work with your business. And when litigation arises, our extensive experience in the courtroom and working within the state, local, and federal employment agencies, can provide the defense that your organization needs.
General Counsel and Assistance
- Assistance with compliance obligations under local, state and federal, employment and labor laws.
- Advice and counsel on compliance obligations under local, state and federal regulations governing workers and the workplace.
- Active management and participation in human resource audits.
- Provision of detailed advice on risk reduction strategies.
- Counseling and representation during local, state and federal agency investigations.
- Preparation of workplace policies, programs and handbooks.
Representation of Employers
- Representation of employers in connection with claims and charges of discrimination, retaliation (whistleblower claims) and workplace harassment.
- Defending employers in administrative investigations, hearings and other proceedings brought by local, state and federal employment agencies.
- Enforcing and defending employment contracts and agreements.
- Protecting businesses from the misappropriation of company assets and trade secrets by current and former employees.