Partner, Hughes Arrell Kinchen LLP
Greg has worked in the real estate industry since 1994. He has private practice experience, and has also worked in-house as general counsel for the real estate investment group of a publicly-traded company, Insignia Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: IFG). While at Insignia, Greg also served as a managing director and was a voting member of the company’s investment committee. He advises clients in most general business areas and has particular expertise with regard to real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, financing, joint venture structuring and leasing.
- Hughes Arrell Kinchen LLP, Partner, 2003-Present.
- Insignia Financial Group, Inc. Managing Director/Corporate Counsel, 1997-2003.
- Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. Associate, 1995-1997.
- Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Associate, 1994-1995.
- University of Texas School of Law. JD, 1994.
- Texas A&M University. BBA – Accounting, 1991.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE ENGAGEMENTS
Real Estate Financing
- Represented institutional joint venture in land acquisition and subsequent development of 264-unit student housing project, and related debt and equity financing.
- Represented various clients in acquisition of office and retail projects, and negotiation of related securitized debt financing.
- Represented private partnership in acquisition and financing of restaurant chain (including ground leasehold and fee simple interests in underlying real estate) with operations located throughout central and east Texas.
- Represented institutional joint venture in sale of 160-unit multifamily project, and simultaneous defeasance of underlying mortgage loan.
- Represented private partnership in note purchase and simultaneous acquisition of student housing project.
- Represented private partnership in acquisition of yacht basin, and related debt and equity financing.
Real Estate Leasing
- Represented oilfield services company in connection with leasing of 253,838 square-foot manufacturing and repair facility.
- Represented various clients in connection with 100,000+ square-foot office leases.
- Represented worldwide human resources service provider in connection with office leasing needs.
- Represented nationwide fashion accessory boutique in connection with retail leasing needs.
- Serve as outside general counsel for privately-owned real estate investment and management company.
- Provide local counsel services to various institutional and private investors in connection with real estate acquisitions and related securitized loan financing.